|Born||March 13, 1916|
Manhattan, New York, U.S.
|Died||May 18, 2017 (aged 101)|
Sebring, Florida, U.S.
|Occupation||Futurist, social engineer, structural engineer, architectural designer, industrial designer, author, lecturer|
|Known for||The Venus Project, resource-based economy ideas.|
|Notable work||Looking Forward (1969), The Best That Money Can't Buy (2002)|
Jacque Fresco (March 13, 1916 – May 18, 2017) was an American futurist and self-described social engineer. Self-taught, he worked in a variety of positions related to industrial design.
Fresco wrote and lectured his views on sustainable cities, energy efficiency, natural-resource management, cybernetic technology, automation, and the role of science in society. He directed the Venus Project and advocated global implementation of a socioeconomic system which he referred to as a "resource-based economy".
- Jacque Fresco on Larry King (1974)
- Jacque Fresco, Roxanne Meadows - interview On the Edge (2009)
- Jacque Fresco: US has never been a democracy (2010)
- Jacque Fresco - Interview with TVNewZealand (2011)
- Jacque Fresco - The Venus Project | London Real (2012)
- Jacque Fresco on Peter Joseph and The Zeitgeist Movement (2013)
- Jacque Fresco - Attaining Sustainability - RT News (2013)
- Jacque Fresco - The Venus Project REDUX | London Real (2014)
Lectures and Talks
- Being Honest & The Self (1974)
- What the Future Holds Beyond 2000 - Nichols College (1999)
- Jacque Fresco on religion and spirituality (London, 2009)
- Investigating Behavior (2010)
- Z-Day NY 2010
- Looking for Justice (2010)
- In Search Of The Science Of Communication (2010)
- Problems of Values (2011)
- Technocracy, City Strategies, Sourcing Information (2011)
- Jacque Fresco - Are we educated yet?
- Environment Shapes Behavior
- Love is Bullshit - Jacque Fresco | London Real (2014)
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on April 6, 2014. Retrieved March 26, 2009.
- "TEDxOjai – Jacque Fresco – Resource Based Economy". YouTube. Retrieved June 25, 2014.
- "BBC News – Tomorrow's cities: How the Venus Project is redesigning the future". Bbc.co.uk. August 26, 2013. Retrieved June 25, 2014.